The Federal Department of Education should be abolished because it is costly and ineffective, it is unjust and unethical, it is too political, and it is unconstitutional. We, the undersigners, call upon President Donald Trump to keep his campaign promise to close the Federal Department of Education and end all Common Core aligned standards and testing.
Elimination of federal intervention can be achieved in five steps:
1. Send all Program Management and Funding to the states including Pell Grants for college.
2. Repeal all laws permitting federal intervention in K-12 education starting with ESSA.
3. Privatize college loan programs through savings & loan institutions.
4. Eliminate all offices and divisions in the US Department of Education and related spending.
5. Reduce federal tax collection, shifting education revenue responsibilities entirely back to the states.
The petition requires an email verification to sign. If you don't see the signature verification in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
United States Parents Involved in Education (USPIE) is a nonprofit, nationwide coalition of state leaders focused on returning control of education to parents and local communities by eradicating federal intrusion.
State leaders from around the country who are fed up with being ignored on education policy have joined forces to abolish the US Education Department and put an end to all federal education mandates.
USPIE will endeavor to inform Americans of the trillions of dollars wasted on federal education in the last 35 years with nothing to show for it but stagnant test scores and declining student academic achievement. It is the goal of USPIE to return American education to its proper local roots and restore parental authority over their children's education.