Due to the current political environment, the USPIE Leadership Team decided to refocus its efforts from closing the Federal Department of Education to emphasizing the important role parents and communities have in the education of children. USPIE will return to this mission when the political environment is more conducive for success. The new focus, rooted in USPIE’s vision and values is articulated below.
United States Parents Involved in Education (USPIE) is a nonprofit, nationwide coalition that seeks to return education to its proper local roots and restore parental authority over their children's education by helping parents and local communities to escape federal and other national influences.
Grassroots leaders from around the country are working to 1) expose the lies being taught in government schools that harm children and threaten freedom, 2) encourage parents to take back responsibility to educate their children, 3) initiate and support efforts to return complete local control of government schools, and 4) encourage states to wean themselves off the federal education dole.
It is the vision of USPIE to create a culture where parents, empowered with the authority to choose what and how their children learn, are the undisputed, primary educators of their children; where local schools operate in support of families, and where education is unencumbered by federal mandates.
Respect for others, the truth, fiscal accountability and excellence undergird all USPIE’s efforts.
Respect for people, especially parents, is core to USPIE’s values. USPIE believes parents have the right and responsibility to raise their children and USPIE contends parents have the right to decide how their children should be taught and what they should learn. Moreover, USPIE understands the commitment to respecting parents is unique, as disrespect for parents, their values and their abilities is prevalent in government schools, with education bureaucrats and even with most elected officials.
All of USPIE’s writings are thoroughly vetted and referenced for factual accuracy prior to publication. Of local schools funded by taxpayers, there is an expectation that truth will be taught, and when controversial topics are addressed, all sides of an issue will be presented without bias.
As the only grassroots 501(c)(3) of its kind, USPIE seeks to market the organization with hands-on practices and state chapter involvement, and in the most efficient way. The facts are clear that USED is costly and ineffective with the $285 billion taxpayer dollars that it oversees. While it is estimated USED funds only 10% of K-12 education, it now controls most education content and policies with little accountability. Since USED’s inception, costs have risen over 400% while academic scores have remained flat. Parental and local control will improve accountability in education.
Only through striving for excellence for children, their teachers and mentors can American communities and their families achieve the American dream by providing the best scholastic offerings and learning of content. As communities and families participate more broadly in the values of respecting others, of honest evaluation of teaching content, and of financial accountability, USPIE expects better communications will develop between parents and teachers. Then, and only then, will excellence emerge.
- Work to raise $60,000 to advance USPIE's mission, and to market and distribute USPIE's Truth & Lies in American Education Documentary.
- Build and grow the USPIE network across the country.
- Empower grassroots activists to work locally with parents and local organizations.
- Use all means available to get the word out that public schools undermine the Core Family and indoctrinate children against traditional values of Faith, Family and Country.
- Encourage parents everywhere to take their children out of government schools and move them to home or private schools.
- Encourage county leadership across the country to create Education Sanctuary Zones to protect parents, private and government schools who use real best practice education techniques and materials and refuse Federal and nefarious mandates.
- Find two states willing to stand as examples of how to shed Federal education funds and restore local control.