Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Despite dramatic increases in federal intervention and funding in the public education system since the 1960s, educational achievement has not improved. The most widely used measure of school achievement are scores from National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), which shows no significant change. Efforts to improve educational outcomes for low income children have also been expensive and unproductive. Even the federal college grant and loan programs have been ineffective for students. The evidence is inarguable, the federal government’s intervention in education has been a dismal failure.
It is the mission of USPIE to restore parental & local control of education by eradicating federal intrusion. Although this experiment with federal control of local public schools has gone on for half a century now, it has failed. We need to stop treating children like guinea pigs in some social engineering laboratory & start embracing children as human beings to be supported and inspired to achieve their own dreams and aspirations.
Elimination of federal intervention can be achieved in five steps:
1) Send all Program Management and Funding to the states including Pell Grants for college.
2) Repeal all laws permitting federal intervention in K-12 education starting with ESSA.
3) Privatize college loan programs through savings & loan institutions.
4) Eliminate all offices and divisions in the US Department of Education and related spending.
5) Reduce federal tax collection, shifting education revenue responsibilities entirely back to the states.
This document expands on our assertions and proposals. We look forward to engaging U.S. Congress, influential think tanks, and citizen activists to develop our proposal more fully. Join us in the effort to help President Trump accomplish a campaign promise that eluded even the great President Ronald Reagan; close the Federal Department of Education and eliminate the onerous & ineffective intrusion in the education of America’s children.
USPIE Founder and President Sheri Few Sues Local School District
Copyright © 2014 United States Parents Involved in Education - All Rights Reserved. | Sheri Few, President | email@example.com | (803) 420-1987